Qualified Harris County inhabitants have from now until eventually Sept. 12 to post an application.
HARRIS COUNTY, Texas — The software approach has reopened for the Harris County Restoration Support method, which gives a one particular-time $1,500 payment to homes still reeling from the financial affect of the pandemic.
Harris County is accepting on line programs at HarrisCountyRelief.org now till Sept. 12.
If you used for cash back again in August, in accordance to the county website, your application is however remaining regarded. Do not implement once again.
Applications are only open to Harris County residents who can show they are dealing with hardship. The money can be employed for any urgent require like lease, childcare, groceries, health-related charges, online and so on.
Officers claimed a one particular-time payment of $1,500 will be specified directly to 20,000 suitable households living in Harris County. The revenue will be sent out in late slide with the solution of immediate deposit or qualified mail.
The program is not very first-occur, initially-served. It prioritizes applicants in the most affordable money bracket and purposes are processed at random.
If you really do not qualify for this $1,500 improve, get in touch with 211 or test with Catholic Charities and BakerRipley for other sorts of help.
How to qualify
Recipients should fulfill the next needs:
- Households have to be within just Harris County (inside or outside the house City of Houston limits).
- Applicant ought to be 18 many years or older (or be an emancipated insignificant).
- Homes must self-certify that they have experienced economic hardship through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Home have to have at the very least one member enrolled in a public assistance system, or a full family revenue at or below 60% of the HUD Spot Median Spouse and children Income ($33,300 for a person human being $47,520 for a family of 4).
- A person payment will be made for every loved ones device. If housing is shared by far more than just one family members unit, just about every family device may well implement.
- As necessary by federal guidelines, at least a single grownup member of the residence have to be a U.S. citizen, lawful everlasting resident, refugee, or other certified noncitizen.
How to apply
You must apply online at HarrisCountyRelief.org.
You will be asked for proof of ID, proof of residency in just Harris County, and documentation of community benefits OR that the domestic cash flow is at or beneath 60% HUD Location Median Family members Earnings.
A list of satisfactory documentation can be identified on the Harris County Reduction site.
If you have any inquiries, the get in touch with middle is accessible at 832-345-6289 on weekdays from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. It truly is also open Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Call Centre hrs change for the pursuing dates:
- Saturday, Sept.11: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 12: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Biden Administration praises Harris County
Harris County is staying praised by the Biden Administration for its ongoing efforts to assist inhabitants dealing with evictions.
Judge Lina Hidalgo spoke to town, county and condition officers from throughout the state about what Harris County is performing to avoid evictions. She reported the county has been effective in handing out money by prioritizing these with rapid desires, distributing funds relatively across the county and doing work closely with many others like the town of Houston.
Hidalgo reported more than 50,000 homes and 10,000 landlords have been aided through area funding and the federal unexpected emergency support plan.
“As of this week, we have dispersed $188 million. That is all of our spherical a person funding as very well as all of the initial section of our spherical two funding and we’re already digging into the 2nd aspect of round two funding which just arrived last 7 days,” Hidalgo mentioned.
She stated there’s continue to cash out there to assistance 1000’s of extra individuals.
At the instant, Hidalgo explained 38,000 apps are remaining processed which provides up to yet another $130 million in crisis rental guidance.