News TO KNOW
Our each day roundup of headlines from Virginia and elsewhere.
- The father of Donovon Lynch, a 25-12 months-old Black man fatally shot by law enforcement at the Virginia Seaside oceanfront in March, has filed a wrongful loss of life lawsuit. A witness has also appear forward to say the officer stated practically nothing to Lynch just before taking pictures him.—Virginian-Pilot, Virginian-Pilot
- A former NASCAR driver turned truck halt owner is teaming up with a state senator to try to get the courts to block Virginia’s upcoming ban on so-named ability games, the slots-like gambling devices in bars and advantage retailers in the course of the state.—Richmond Instances-Dispatch
- To protect alone in opposition to antitrust promises, Virginia-based mostly tobacco giant Altria is attempting to influence an administrative-regulation judge its initiatives to create a well-liked e-cigarette products were being a complete failure.—Wall Avenue Journal
- An lawyer for a Fairfax County police officer accused of employing excessive pressure versus a Black man has accused the regional prosecutor of withholding exculpatory evidence, a declare the prosecutor rejects.—Washington Publish
- Virginia’s Courtroom of Appeals upheld the conviction of a male who recorded a nude movie of a woman in her possess bedroom, “rejecting his argument she had no expectation of privacy because they were in a relationship.”—WTOP
- Gov. Ralph Northam’s administration is inquiring Richmond officers to maintain off on removing vacant Confederate pedestals from Monument Avenue until eventually the Virginia Museum of High-quality Arts finishes its program for reimagining the boulevard.—Richmond Instances-Dispatch
- “Nelson County will formally mark the just one-calendar year anniversary of the cancellation of the Atlantic Coastline Pipeline — July 5 — as a commemorative day of celebration.”—Nelson County Periods
- Virginia’s friendlier rules for sperm donors may possibly assistance a North Carolina guy avoid obtaining to pay out practically $14,000 in little one support for serving to a mate get expecting a ten years ago.—Charlotte Observer
- “Crab charges are as a result of the roof and Hampton Roads seafood dining establishments are reeling.”—Virginian-Pilot
Indicator up here to get these headlines and the Mercury’s unique reporting sent to your inbox day by day in Information to Know, our no cost publication.